A fully renovated typical stone house, At the edge of our small and lovely village Saint-Martin-de-Gurson. Just footsteps away from the bakery, grocery shop, bar-restaurant, open play-area, open tennis-court. But 100% quiet and privat! With tropical garden, exceptional views over the woods and fields. Privat heated pool and jaccuzzi! Privat parking!
Between St Emillion & Bergerac, only 10km from highway Bordeaux-Périgueux.
Iris Courjaret have been a member since 03/02/2020. You can contact the owner in the dutch, english, french.
The owner usually responds within 1 day.
- lovely garden with several seating area's, some covered, some sunny with tropical plants but also grassland for children to play in; of course with barbecue
- there is no insight because of fencing and planting all around on taluts
- we have some swings and a tent to play in and nearby there is the open playground with table tennis, football, tennis of the village
- the pool is 1.50 deep, salty water, with a shallow water play part; secured with a water alarm
- the wooden terrace attached to the house (with outside lounges and diner table) offers a wide panoramic view....its level is the same as inside the house and it makes the house an inside-outside-feeling with an opening window of 3m large!
- at the edge of a small village with bakery, post office, grocery store, bar-restaurant, hairdresser (walking distance)
- 10 min drive from Montpon where you find everything for daily use
- Privat parking
- Lots of small towns to visit, local markets, historic sights, castles, caves, a lake, etc...
- Between St Emillion & Bergerac, both at 30km,
- Only 10km from highway Bordeaux-Périgueux.
- Less than 1h drive to Bordeaux or Périgueux; 1h30 to Ocean,
INSIDE: Mainhouse with 2 bedrooms & 1 mezzanine bedroom; connecting doors to Annex-house wich has an own entrance and 1 bedroom with seperate en-suite walk-in shower and toilet
- a fully equipped open kitchen with design table and chairs, with open window that dissapears in the wall to the terrace, with sun-store
- a leather white lounge with open fire
- flat screen smart tv with netflix (so of course free wifi everywhere)
- sonos surround system
- old stone walls are mixed with steel stairs and steel&glass doors
- high ceilings and a lot of light
- downstairs 1 master bedroom with XXXL Bed 200X220; also with flat screen smart tv with netflix
- large bathroom with design bath, double sink, walk-in shower, travertin tiles and glass
- toilet apart
- upstairs 1 bedroom with 1 single or 1 double bed
- mezzanine with 1 single or 1 double bed
- lots of toys, games for kids of all ages
- washing machine
- Aircon is on demand and to pay at the end of your stay regarding consumption.
Saint Martin de Gurson
A mini-village on the edge of the Dordogne department. It’s our home. We’re on the crossing with the departments of Gironde, Lot et Garonne and Charente. This means there’s a lot to visit in this region.
St Martin counts about 500 inhabitants; of which about a 100 of them live in the centre of the village; the rest of them live near the woods, prairies and vineyards.
Although it’s a tiny place, we do have a bakery, a pub-restaurants and than there is “chez Josiane” where you can buy whatever you think of, from postcards to presents, from hen food to building gear, to cigarettes….it’s a bit sightseeing on its own!St
Everything is concentrated around our Church, built in the Middle ages: a little jewel!
At about 10 km you find all supermarkets. A nearby bakery delivers every day “at home”, very handy!
Welcome to wine country!
We're in the heart of wine country in Sain Martin de Gurson! Here you can enjoy award-winning local red, rosé and white Bergerac and Montravel wines, made at properties a short distance from your holiday home.
Just 30 minutes away are St. Emilion and Pomerol, exclusive districts of the vast Bordeaux vineyards and home to some of the finest (and at Ch. Petrus, the most expensive!) wines in the world. We can organise a tour of a vineyard on request.
Places to visit
Every day there are local markets in different places. In summer it’s worth going to an evening market whith music, local food, dancing!
15min : Montpon, little “practical” town where you find several supermarkets and on Wednesday a nice local fresh market.
15min : Sainte Foy La Grande, a « bastide » . Small nice town but comes mostly alive during the Saturday market ! classified as one of Frances nicest markets!!
30min : Saint-Emilion : A must!!! Nicely renovated wine village, known from all over the world and protected! Lots of little old narrow streets. Lots of wine boutiques (expensive!!!). Go and drink a glass of local champagne in the ruin's of the old abbey of Les Cordeliers. You buy tickets for a visit to the monolytic church at the tourist office.
30min : Bergerac. Old and new part of the city. Small city again. Markets on Wednesday and Friday. Monbazillac is close and famous for its sweet white wines. Beautiful château! Eat at La Tour des Vents in Monbazillac!!!
30min : Libourne. Worth a visit at Sunday morning!, or combine when going to St Emilion or Bordeaux. Take the little roads to go there, not the motorway!!
30min : Riberac. Friday market. Quiet town, take a quick stop when going to Aubeterre.
45min : Aubeterre: wonderful art village; has a monolitic church! Amazing!
30min : Castillon La Bataille: not very special; only at market days (Monday). In July and August they organise a big show at the site of a castle with hundreds of actors and horses....the play of the war of 100 years! A exceptional experience!
45min : Bordeaux. A mix between Antwerp, Barcelona and Parijs. A world city, easily visited by foot! You can walk here for hours and hours. Little streets, the river, shopping, terraces, antiques, ....so many things to do and to see! You cannot miss Bordeaux!!
45min : Périgueux. A bit smaller than Bordeaux. Do the walk around the old part of the city (by following the arrows). Worth a visit!!
45min : Brantôme. The Venetië of the South. The Dronne River runs through the centre, which makes it very beautiful. You can take a ride with a small boat.
30-75min : From Bergerac to Sarlat : Dordogne Valley, with Sarlat, Domme, Beynac, St Christophe, Limeuil, Lalinde, Lanquais… lots of little lovely places to visit ; with pre historical caves, castles etc….
30-75min : the Bastide tour, small middle aged villages as Eymet, Monpazier, Beaumont
1,5h : Atlantic Ocean: Arcachon, Dune de Pyla, beautiful beaches, extrordanary dune, worth a day trip!
For the little ones
Of course the pool might be the most interesting for your kids, there are fun things to do for them in the neighbourhood! We have a lake with a beach and a play garden which is a 2 min drive and a bigger one 20 min drive frm the house….you can go canoeing on the Dordogne River of the Isle River….we organize horse riding every week….you can take your youngsters into the caves or castles….
Swimming in our pool or in one of the lakes nearby
Tennis on the village court (walking distance)
Jeux de boule or Petanque, typical french play for young and old
We rent out bikes for 5 euro/day
Golf at Château Des Vigiers (19 holes) or 9 holes golf at 10 km.
4X4 quads, jetski, paintball at 10 km
Surfing and wave surfing at the Atlantic Ocean